Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering Cisco LMS 4.2

VictorCL59
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

I want to implement Cisco LMS 4.2.2 in my network.

I have up to 15 Cisco devices.

So It will be enough to order base license for 50 nodes.

I have found a link about ordering http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/ordering_guide_c07-697784.html

And I don’t know what to do next.

I suppose that I have to buy Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.1 Base License, yes?

For me it is R-PI-1.1-50-K9. Is it right?

Next I just download Cisco LAN Management Solution 4.2 from cisco.com

Then I buy base license R-PI-1.1-50-K9 and only activate my Cisco LMS 4.2 from it, is it right?

Is it enaught to have all features in Cisco LMS 4.2?

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not quite. Prime Infrastructure 1.1 is no longer current. PI 1.2 is the current product. Cisco is changing how it's licensed and packaged. Refer to the PI 1.2 Ordering and Licensing Guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/guide_c07-714720.html

When you order the base license (no cost) you need to pick to add Lifecycle, Assurance and/or Compliance licenses depending on what you want to do. The "traditional" LMS would equate most closely to Lifecycle and that is offered at an entry level of 25 device license. So you would order:

R-PI-1.2-K9 (Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2) with the addition of

L-PI12-LF-25 (Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle - 25 Device Lic)

and, if you want software support contract,

CON-SAU-PI12LF25 (SW APP SUPP + UPGR PI 1.2 - Lifecycle - 25 Device Lic Duration : 12 Month(s))

The above would include the license to use PI LMS 4.2 for 25 managed devices (L-PILMS42-25 Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 25 Device Base Lic)

Your reseller or Cisco partner can help you figure this all out and generate a validated quote.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not quite. Prime Infrastructure 1.1 is no longer current. PI 1.2 is the current product. Cisco is changing how it's licensed and packaged. Refer to the PI 1.2 Ordering and Licensing Guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/guide_c07-714720.html

When you order the base license (no cost) you need to pick to add Lifecycle, Assurance and/or Compliance licenses depending on what you want to do. The "traditional" LMS would equate most closely to Lifecycle and that is offered at an entry level of 25 device license. So you would order:

R-PI-1.2-K9 (Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2) with the addition of

L-PI12-LF-25 (Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle - 25 Device Lic)

and, if you want software support contract,

CON-SAU-PI12LF25 (SW APP SUPP + UPGR PI 1.2 - Lifecycle - 25 Device Lic Duration : 12 Month(s))

The above would include the license to use PI LMS 4.2 for 25 managed devices (L-PILMS42-25 Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 25 Device Base Lic)

Your reseller or Cisco partner can help you figure this all out and generate a validated quote.

Thanks for your detailed answer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: