cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer having slow performance, suspect STP and HSRP problems

YJJcoolcool
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to connect to the WLC controller configuration from PC10. The IP addressing information is all correct and I can ping the WLC, but when I try to connect to it via the web browser (HTTP as the WLC is not configured yet), it just shows a blank screen.

I also noticed that the status lights on the switches keep flashing at a very fast rate, and the time counter (in the bottom left of the screen) ticks up very slowly.

I checked Simulation mode and I saw that there were many STP and HSRP packets being sent throughout the network, but I don't know how to solve it. So I need help as to how to stop STP and HSRP congesting the network.

I attached the packet tracer in the zip. The password for console is "cisco" and password for enable is "class".

3 Replies 3

suppy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...did you get solution to this question?

Hello,

in the original Packet Tracer project file, there is no HSRP configured for Vlan 99. The IP address of the default gateway for both the Admin PC and the WLC sits on the top router, not on the layer 3 switches. I have revised the file, you should now have access to the WLC admin interface through the browser.

Oh..Okay...Thank you so much for your response. I was also having a similar problem with HSRP interfaces flapping continuously and i could actually hear my CPU roaring. I later realized the flapping was as a result of high CPU usage caused by my failure to enable OSPF passive-interface on the interfaces facing the access layer switches.

Once again. Thank you for your response.