Views
Helpful
Replies

Perimeter switch Migration

M.Sultan
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello guys

i'm in stage of migrating the old Cisco 2960 switches replacing them with new version, the 2960 switches placed facing to the ISP has perimeter role at the moment, does any one has any idea from where to start and how ?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

there is some steps i have suggested below post - have a look that should be work for you.

depends on your switch act as layer 2 or layer3. (there will be small service interruption so suggest to do in maintenance window)

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/cat-6500-core-switch-migration/m-p/5113908#M564899

Note : do not turn off old switch after migration until you see stability of the new switch config in case you required to roleback - make a plan.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

there is some steps i have suggested below post - have a look that should be work for you.

depends on your switch act as layer 2 or layer3. (there will be small service interruption so suggest to do in maintenance window)

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/cat-6500-core-switch-migration/m-p/5113908#M564899

Note : do not turn off old switch after migration until you see stability of the new switch config in case you required to roleback - make a plan.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If it's only a software upgrade ; then there is not much extra work ; don't forget to save the running configuration
     to startup configuration and save the running configuration to an external repository too in case of calamities ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '