Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.0 configuration archive problems

oizetbegovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got 2 problems with archiving device configurations in Prime Infrastructure 2.0.

1. Configuration archive job status is Completed and Last run status is Success

Looking at Configuration archive results, I see this:

Fetch Running: Success

Fetch Startup: Success

Fetch VLAN: Unsupported operation

Fetch Modules: N/A

Archive: Success

It's a Cisco 7200 router.

Looking at its Configuration archive, I can see just the running config. Startup config is missing.

2. Configuration archive job status is Completed and Last run status is Partial-Success

Looking at Configuration archive results, I see this:

Fetch Running: Success

Fetch Startup: Success

Fetch VLAN: Unsupported operation

Fetch Modules: N/A

Archive: Error in archiving for device '3663756'

It's a Cisco 6500 FWSM.

Looking at its Configuration archive, I can't see anything, it says 'No data available'. Both running and startup configs are missing.

Do you have some ideas what is wrong here, why can't I see the configurations?

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Please issue an access list with a permission of accessing the target device from source as Prime and check the hits.

As it can be seen in the oputput I sent, configurations are fetched but I cannot see them in Prime.

I've found the reason why this is happening. In the case when startup and running configs are identical (disregarding lines like 'last configuration change', 'ntp clock-period',...), Prime doesn't show startup config under Configuration Archive, it

just shows the running config.

How you resolved the issue ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: