cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI : Where devices archive files are located ?

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

With LMS we can find the device config file in  CSCOpx/file/rme/dcma.

Do you knows where those files are archived with Prime ?

Michel Misonne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mmisonne:

The config archives are not currently user accessible in Prime Infrastructure.  Bug CSCud84458 has been filed asking that an LMS-like shadow directory be made available, but as of 1.3.0.20, that hasn't been implemented yet.  The configs are stored as binary blobs in the Oracle database.

You're certainly welcome to open a service request with the TAC to have your service request linked to that bug, and the TAC engineer should be able to follow an internal process to write out those blobs, but it would only be a one time event;  you wouldn't have access to new config files every day.

I'd suggest signing up for notifications on CSCud84458.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the files are written to the localdisk in the /tftp directory...

Yes, but in this directory, I can see only Wifi-controllers files, not switch files .

Directory of disk:/tftp

19354 Jun 20 2013 18:30:50  10_13_255_86_130620_1830.cfg

19354 Jun 20 2013 23:30:50  10_13_255_86_130620_2330.cfg

10289 Jun 20 2013 18:30:24  10_13_255_87_130620_1830.cfg

10289 Jun 20 2013 23:30:24  10_13_255_87_130620_2330.cfg

Usage for disk: filesystem

6256558080 bytes total used

22627086336 bytes free

30455668736 bytes available

frpropri21/admin#

Michel Misonne

Hi,

I'm bumping up this thread because I am running into the same issue in Prime Infra 2.0

Were there no evolutions on this situation ? I can't see any config files in the disk:/tftp folder or any other folder.

Is there a way maybe to redirect those backup configurations towards an external server ? via FTP? There used to be a way to do that with LMS.

Thanks

This is still an issue with PI. Browsable directory. An enhancement is filed and is being worked upon # 

CSCud84458- Need separate folder for config archives to be stored on NCS/PI .

-Thanks

Vinod

**Enourage Contributors. RATE them**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I have the same issue. Using PI2.1, looked everywhere but couldn't find the configuration files. Most likely they are stored in a database.

Quick question, I have a couple of hundred devices and need to transfer all the lastest devices' config to another place. I don't want to save device config one by one in GUI. If there a way to run a task to get the last config for each device?

Thank you.

Robert

I would recommend you to open a TAC case and get a script from them which can copy the latest configurations from Oracle DB and dump it to a directory.

Not sharing the script and process here as it is a controlled process and not official yet.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mmisonne:

The config archives are not currently user accessible in Prime Infrastructure.  Bug CSCud84458 has been filed asking that an LMS-like shadow directory be made available, but as of 1.3.0.20, that hasn't been implemented yet.  The configs are stored as binary blobs in the Oracle database.

You're certainly welcome to open a service request with the TAC to have your service request linked to that bug, and the TAC engineer should be able to follow an internal process to write out those blobs, but it would only be a one time event;  you wouldn't have access to new config files every day.

I'd suggest signing up for notifications on CSCud84458.

@mmisonne the xml file is accessible
We have Prime 3.1 and we were able to access it, through the linux shell

type: shell (to get to the linux shell)
once there, you can locate the xml under this route

/opt/CSColumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml

Voila. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtenorio
Level 1
Level 1

@mmisonne the xml file is accessible

We have Prime 3.1 and we were able to access it, through the linux shell

type: shell (to get to the linux shell)

once there, you can locate the xml under this route 

/opt/CSColumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml

Voila. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: