cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pitney Bowes Printer and Cisco 9300 Series switches

terry.briscoe
Level 1
Level 1

Attempting to use a Putney Bowes Postage meter printer Model 8H00  to connect to our Cisco 9300 switch using the built in wired connection on the device.    Cisco Switch is  PID: C9300-48UXM and running version 17.06.05.   When attempting to connect the device we go through the setup and select wired  and dhcp  setting.   the device gets a connection  I see the mac but then it drops off and the link closes Port is configured as follows.    Has anyone had issues with these printers and 9300 switches?  

interface TwoGigabitEthernet1/0/19
description Pitney Bowes
switchport access vlan 100
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 800
device-tracking attach-policy IPDT_POLICY
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enable
service-policy input AutoQos-4.0-Trust-Cos-Input-Policy
service-policy output AutoQos-4.0-Output-Policy
end

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Why do you have voice vlan in that particular port configured ; for starters I would try with a minimum (but needed) port configuration as in :
          interface TwoGigabitEthernet1/0/19
          description Pitney Bowes
          switchport access vlan 100
          switchport mode access
          spanning-tree portfast
          spanning-tree bpduguard enable
         end

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

just a thought: try and hardcode the wired MAC address:

switchport port-security

switchport port-security mac-address 00:A0:C4:AB:C0:3E

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"UXM" means some ports are mGIG-capable.  

Move that connection to a GigabitEthernet-only port.  mGIG ports means it will not support 10 Mbps and this printer may need 10 Mbps for channelling &/or signalling purposes.

terry.briscoe
Level 1
Level 1

Suspect that the Pitney Bowes is unable to negotiate with the multi gig interface on the switch. There are only the two gig and the 10 gig interfaces on this model switch.  The connection was on a two gig connection.    We did try to force speed and duplex and none worked to get the printer to connect.     For now what we have done is used an old Cisco phone as the connection to the switch and we are using the output of that to the printer.   For now that is the workaround and working.    that is why we left the phone configuration in place as well.      Thanks for the help.   Was hoping to not have to use a proxy device to get this to work,  but as least we have a way for now.  

Networking and connectivity details for the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro +, SendPro C Auto | Pitney Bowes Support
mentions: Wired Ethernet supports 10/100 Mbit speeds.

the C9300-48UXM : spports 48 port Cisco UPOE, 36 ports 100M/1G/2.5G + 12 ports Multigigabit (10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M)

-> the switchports are 100M capable, if you set the speed fixed at 100M at both sides (not only at the switch side) it should work 
you may also need to set "no autonegotiate" at the switchport

@terry.briscoe wrote:
For now what we have done is used an old Cisco phone as the connection to the switch

That confirms that 10 Mbps is needed and plugging into an mGIG port is not going to work.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card