cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Security MIB on SF, SG series switches

horn.asia
Level 1
Level 1

I need to setup some parameters related to port security features on my SG, SF series switches via SNMP. I've found that it is possible with port security MIB (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.315). I found out my devices has support of this MIB downloading archive with MIBs from cisco site. But when I try to read some parameters from this MIB via SNMP, for example "cps if port security status" (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.315.1.2.1.1.2) device answers with: "No Such Object available on this agent at this OID". But it is possible to do with web-interface in Security->Port Security section

How is it possible to read/write such type of parameters ?

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The OID you mentioned cpsIfPortSecurityStatus has Read-Only permissions and hence you cannot set anything.

You can only poll this object to know the operational status of the port security feature on an interface, which will result from one of the three status :

1 : secureup
2 : securedown
3 : shutdown

For more details check OID Translation.

You can only set values which has Read-Write permissions, like cpsIfPortSecurityEnable, using which you can enable port security on an interface.

Tell us what you want to achieve using SNMP Set operation?

Also, I am not sure if these MIB features are completely implemented on 29xx/35xx/37xx devices.

But are present in 45xx and 65xx series switches.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I'm writing a PHP web-shell to centralize network management via SNMP. The purpose I'd like to achieve is the posibility to set up MAC static list with secure option enabled and I can do that via SNMP. But before I can set up secure option for the MAC I need to switch interface status to "Locked" and THIS is the problem I'd like to find the solution for.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card