Views
Helpful
Replies

prepare config for switches from template/tool

SP2
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am trying to find out if there is a tool to prepare config for Cisco routers/switches. I am just looking to prepare base config with few VLANs, IP statics, AAA etc. Should I use GNS3 like simulator to simulate a router and configure it to be used as template or if there is any other free light weight tool where I can test config for errors like typo or somthing.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

edondurguti
Level 4
Level 4

if you have existing switches just get the running-config and get some simple editor like notepad and modify ips and stuff

add NO SHUTDOWN on the interfaces because by default they wont be up and when you do a show running-config it doesn't show up as NO SHUTDOWN.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

edondurguti
Level 4
Level 4

if you have existing switches just get the running-config and get some simple editor like notepad and modify ips and stuff

add NO SHUTDOWN on the interfaces because by default they wont be up and when you do a show running-config it doesn't show up as NO SHUTDOWN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: