Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 1.3 can't updates switches and wlc

Hello.

I have Prime 1.3, two WLC 5508 and 8 switches 2960s

I try update my devices through Prime, but I can't.

When I start "Upgrade Analysis" and select switche (Catalyst WS-C2960S-24PS-L) and image (c2960s-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE2.bin) then click to "Run report"

Prime shows me that "Image not Applicable for this Device"

I try different images, but it does not help.

And with WLC 5508 the same trouble.

Maybee anybody know why Prime can't do right analysis and updates devices?

12 Replies 12

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't have a 2960 in my lab but the Upgrade Analysis report in PI 1.3 works fine for me when I run it against both 3560 and 3750X switches.It does validate the latest image - 15.0(2)SE2 - in both tar and bin package types.

What is your image source - local repository or cisco.com?

Image source  - local repository.

But I downloaded this images from cisco.com through Prime.

Tommorow I will try to change image sourse to cisco.com and use .tar file.

Justin.Nichols
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this same issue with Prime 1.3.  I can't deploy software to my 2504 or 5508 controllers.  I get the "Image not Applicable for this Device" message and it tells me there is "No Flash" when I try to deploy to individual devices.  I can manually load the exact same file to those controllers via a TFTP server and they upgrade just fine.  Help from cisco would be great on this.

I did not find decision for my wlc 5508. I updated it throught web interface.

I have found the same issue for WLCs. I have raised a TAC for several issues will keep you in the loop for this.

Predrag Petrovic

Predrag Petrovic

Helo Predrag,

I have the same issue with my WLC's. Did you receive any feedback through your tac case?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Joris

Same issue here

I have the same issue with Prime v2 and 3750.

No IOS is elligible to any upgrade ?!

'Image not Applicable for this Device'

Can it be a different issue than compatibility wich I m sure is ok ? how did you fix your problem ?

m.o.andersson_2
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue, i think a problem could be related to Flash disk space in some cases. But for our Nexus 5K upgrades that is not the problem, so i guess its a bit buggy still on 2.0

Patrik Rapposch
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem with prime infrastructure 2.1.0.0.87. Can't update though I for sure have the correct image. Doesn't matter if it's a stack or not.

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue from PI 2.1 trying to import 7.6.130 for my 5508 controllers and it saying "Image not Applicable for this Device" even though I know that image is applicable.

Also, has anyone ever updated 5508 controllers in HA mode from Prime Infrastructure?

Cisco prime guy on Cisco Live MILAN told me, that Prime is mostly behind the actual IOS releases and can't roll out newer ones, as long as they weren't somehow implemented into prime.

A CCIE mate of mine just asked me, if I'd be crazy to update switches/wlc with prime. I am looking forward to update to the newest prime release and we'll see if this helps.