Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.0 - Last Inventory Collection Status: Connection Failure

aripaasonen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am unable to get a successful inventory collection from the WLC devices. I have two Cisco 5508 WLCs (S/W version: 7.6.130.0). The devices were added into devices list successfully, but something is preventing inventory collection.

The devices are listed as REACHABLE and Admin status is MANAGED. Last Inventory Collection Status shows error: Connection Failure. More info about the failure below. Selecting the device and manually selecting Sync does not help.

Collection Status : An unexpected error has occurred:
# Check the device is in supported device list in deployment guide.
# Check there is connectivity between the device and Prime Infrastructure
# Check the device credentials provided are valid
# Finally if the problem still persists then contact Cisco System's technical assistance center

The device and software version can be found from the supported devices list. We have also connectivity between the device and Prime. Credentials are also valid. Wireless LAN controllers are only visible in all devices list, even if Prime has added an empty subgroup of Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controllers into the Network Devices list. If I try selecting one of our WLC's from the all devices list I get the following error:

Error(s): You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Error:Object ''WlanController#0'' does not exist.

Is anyone else having similar problems? How should I proceed?

5 Replies 5

cwittig
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to find a resolution to this issue?

Hello,

sorry for taking so long to reply. I wanted to make sure that the solution indeed worked before posting anything here.

I contacted Cisco and opened a TAC case for this one. Our WLCs indeed had SSID Profile Names longer than 32 characters. Some even had special characters (in our case diaereses). I would recommend to shorten your profile names and remove all special characters. After that Sync operation should work again. If it doesn't work right away you should try removing the controllers from Prime Infrastructure and adding them once more. Hope this helps!

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Do you have profile name longer than 32 char ? if yes change them to less than 32 char and see how it works

if above does not help  and you have some special characters in the profile name try to keep it simple and see how it works

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

smp
Level 4
Level 4

Chiming in - I just deployed a brand new installation of PI3.0.2, added a single device (also a WLC, coincidentally the same model running the same version), and received the same error. Then I added a second WLC - same model, but running 8.0.120.13, and that one completed successfully. Probably a PI bug, but also watching this thread.

My two Credentials Profiles are named "WLC_Credentials and "wired_Credentials". Both WLCs I've added are using "WLC_Credentials" and one works, the other doesn't.