cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.1 token license conversion for unused lifecycle licenses

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 472 of 550 lifecycle licenses in Prime 3.0 and after reading the 3.1.6 upgrade notes I know my existing devices will be converted to token licenses for free but what happens to my unused licenses? Will I lose them and have no extra licenses?

Due to this token-based licensing, a Prime Infrastructure instance consumes more tokens than what were consumed before. To avoid this overhead to the existing customers, Prime Infrastructure 3.1.6 supports generation of a one-time grandfathered license file for managing the existing devices without the need to buy additional licenses. This special privilege is provided to the existing customers as a one-time activity upon installation of Prime Infrastructure 3.1.6 update on Prime Infrastructure 3.1. or 3.1.1. The grandfathering license privilege will not be available if you install Prime Infrastructure 3.1.6 on Prime Infrastructure 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.1.4, or 3.1.5.

1 Reply 1

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

Prime will calculate, how many tokes are needed for your 472 devices and add additional (grandfathered) tokens based on that calculation (i.e. 472 devices will consume 513 tokens, Prime will add 41 grandfathered tokens).

The 78 unused licenses will be transformed to 78 unused tokens.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card