cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.4 Wireless APs on the "wired" topology map. Is that possible?

Ditter
Level 4
Level 4

Hi to all,

i would like prime to present me the APs that are already known by cdp and are present to a site. So when i click on any specific location map (for example Remote-Site-1) i would like prime to show me not only the switch that is present at this site but also all the wireless APs that are attached on the site switch.

In the Network Device Groups i can see that the APs are in the preview tab but when i drill in this specific site map i do not see the wireless ΑPs attached to the corresponding switch.

As i do not need to create any heat maps or wireless maps , isn 't that possible to have the APs present in the "wired" topology map?

Thank you,

Ditter

1 Reply 1

Ditter
Level 4
Level 4

Hi to all,

It does not seem possible to have CAPWAP APs on the network topology map, only autonomous APs can be put on a topology map.

So it would be a good idea for future versions of Prime (i am running 3.6.0) to have a single pane of glass (especially useful  for help-desk teams) that will be able to view on a building map, both wired and wireless CAPWAP based APs. 

Not all organizations have a need for CMX or heat maps and for the time being it seems that the only way to add CAPWAP APs on a Prime map is to create campus, building, floor and these wireless maps are not correlated to wired topology maps.

Just my thoughts,

Thank you all,

Ditter.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card