Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Assurance application-aware network performance visibility

TAFana1991
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Once again with another Prime Infrastruture question. I have PI 2.1 and I'm trying to enable application visitility in order to monitor performance and I not sure why I can get my netflow and AVC information on PI. I believe this may be an issue with the Assurance License, but I have seen some articles that Assurance Manager is no longer supported. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prime Assurance Manager is an end of sales product for a couple of years now:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-assurance-manager/end_of_life_notice_c51-717068.html

BUT - it's not the same as Assurance licenses in Prime Infrastructure 1.x/2.x. The Assurance license is required for your PI 2.1 to store and interpret feeds from Netflow and AVC.

In Prime Infrastructure 3.x, Lifecycle and Assurance licenses are combined into a singe Management license (licensed per device).

So you can either upgrade to 3.x or buy PI 2.x Assurance licenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prime Assurance Manager is an end of sales product for a couple of years now:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-assurance-manager/end_of_life_notice_c51-717068.html

BUT - it's not the same as Assurance licenses in Prime Infrastructure 1.x/2.x. The Assurance license is required for your PI 2.1 to store and interpret feeds from Netflow and AVC.

In Prime Infrastructure 3.x, Lifecycle and Assurance licenses are combined into a singe Management license (licensed per device).

So you can either upgrade to 3.x or buy PI 2.x Assurance licenses.

Thanks Marvin,

You were very helpful

Cheers!