Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 1.1 license

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I have a project and the manager bought Cisco prime infrastructure 1.1 software with paper but I don't have the software 1.1, Can License 1.1 fit with prime 2.1 or higher version?

Thanks,

Mohammad

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

existing 1.1 license will not work , you would need to contact license team to re-host the license  for PI 2.1 or higher.

I would advise to go to 2.2

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz, 

Can I rehost software license from 1.1 to 2.2? 

As Marvin said , if you upgrade on the same sever , the existing license will work finre

In case you are installing it on a new server then re-hosting is required.

Marvin@ correct me if I am wrong

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

You're mostly right Afroz. Rehosting generally required a new license be issued historically. I believe that changes with 2.2 due to no node locking being introduced.

That aside, I think the question was more regarding an unredeemed license. If I understood the original question correctly, he has a never-installed license (i.e. only a PAK).

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

According to information I have (page 25 here), your PI 1.1 Base and Lifecycle licenses will work and, when upgrading, automatically migrate from NCS 1.x, PI 1.x, or PI 2.x to PI 2.2.

Assurance licenses (if present) need to be re-issued for PI2.x+.

You are only entitled to upgrade if you have either a current software support contract or purchase an upgrade.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card