Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.0 Google Chrome

martin-robson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is anyone else getting these error messages with Prime Infrastructure 3.0 and Google Chrome?

Sometimes we just get a white screen instead. Clicking on other tabs doesn't work and it is necessary to refresh the page.

We have multiple installs of PI and get these on each one if we use version 44 or 45 of Chrome. It didn't happen with earlier versions and we don't get it on IE11 either, so I guess Google changed something. Unfortunately, we don't have IE11 available on all of our networks (just IE9 which isn't supported and doesn't display the dashboards), so Chrome is our only real option.

Just wondering if anybody has found any kind of workaround for it.

Thanks,

Martin

2 Replies 2

johanfogel
Level 1
Level 1

Not 100% sure its related but there is a note in the "Quick start guide" about Chrome 44... Not sure if Google fixed it for the 45...

"If you are using Google Chrome version 44, you may get an error that says “ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE”. This is a known
Chrome issue, which you can read about at the following URL:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-discuss/4ctMmhOTDFg.
Google is planning to fix this issue in Chrome version 45. See the following URL for status:
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=473390

To work around this issue, use signed certificates (recommended) or downgrade Chrome to version 43. For information about
creating a signed certificate, see Obtaining and Importing CA-Signed Certificates in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0"

Thanks, Johan.

That may be it. I read on a forum somewhere that people were still having issues with version 45 of Chrome. One of the beta testers said it seems to be fixed in 46.

I've imported a certificate and I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card