cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.1.5 update error

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to update to the latest Prime Infrastructure version 3.1.5 but unfortunately this error pops up:

There was an error downloading PI_3_1_5-1.0.44.ubf. Reason: VALIDATION_FAILURE. UBF Update store failure: PI_3_1_5-1.0.44.ubf Cause: Connection reset

The same error occurs if I try to upload the update file manually. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issue. The download would suddenly stop at 40%.

When looking at our firewall the traffic would eventually become blocked.

As a test, I created a rule that allowed all traffic to the Cisco Destination IP I was seeing from my Prime appliance.

After this the download worked seamlessly.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check available disk space on the prime server,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I think that's not the problem, is it?

- I can't be sure ; what I would do is monitor these values on short intervals; when an upload is attempted; see if anything get's near full.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

The download stops suddenly at 40%. I couldn't notice any changes in disk space.

The manual upload works great and "/dev/mapper/smosvg-tmpvol" increases from 36 MByte to 876 MByte. I close the upload window and the message "Adding update file" appears. Five seconds later the error

Invalid UBF file:PI_3_1_4-1.0.38.ubf

pops up and the update file is deleted.

- Do you have a valid or 'complete' ubf file; if possible compare checksums as they are normally provided by Cisco.

M.

Yes my file is valid, checksums are identical.

- Thanks for your feedback, for the moment I am out of further suggestions, besides having a go after a (clean) reboot of the prime server.

M.

>Yes my file is valid, checksums are identical

Well, there is one other thing which came to my mind;

Become root on the prime server and before launching the attempted 3.1.5 update issue a :

root # tail -f /var/log/messages

command. Check if any particular errors appear on the moment  that the 3.1.5 installation is faiiling

M.

Reboot didn't solve the problem and the log file doesn't show any entries during the installation.

- Do you have any firewalling device between the prime server  and the host you are launching the update from ?  Check for instance that  you can  FTP a same sized file from this  host , to or from the prime server, without any errors occuring.

M.

No firewall in between and FTP upload is working fine. I think I'll open a TAC case in two weeks when I return from holiday.

I had the same issue. The download would suddenly stop at 40%.

When looking at our firewall the traffic would eventually become blocked.

As a test, I created a rule that allowed all traffic to the Cisco Destination IP I was seeing from my Prime appliance.

After this the download worked seamlessly.