cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.10.4 - 3548 Switches unsupported.

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

I upgraded to the latest Prime software version 3.10.4 with latest Device pack, but for some reason Prime does not support a C3548P-10GX, I can configure and connect from to C3548P Prime fine, other switches like a 3548-X is supported under Inventory/Network Devices.

If I look at the Prime 30.10.4 compatibility Matrix the spreadsheet specifically says all 3548 models are supported. Anyways, I have logged a case with Cisco. Cisco Prime Infrastructure - Compatibility Information - Cisco

Anyone come across incompatibility issues with Prime before? Perhaps a bug?

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Prime does not support a C3548P-10GX
         - How do you conclude this ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Under - Inventory / Device Management / Network Devices

Under "Device Type" = Unsupported Device type. Also even though Inventory was completed, I notice other things like "Software Version" is blank, unlike other 3548 Switches.

OS TypeNot AvailableOS VersionNot AvailableLast Config ChangeNot AvailableLast Inventory CollectionAugust 20, 2023, 10:00:06 PM GMT

Pi snapshot2.JPGPi snapshot1.JPG

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.10 Supported Device List lists 2 3548 models (Device & OID):

Cisco Nexus 3548 Switch 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1238
Cisco Nexus 3548-X Switch 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1666

Can you confirm the OID of your switch?
if it's not one of those 2 then it's not supported.

Where did you see "specifically says all 3548 models are supported"? 
That would be very unusual and I don't see that anywhere.

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - Compatibility Information - Cisco

In the Switch Description in the above matrix sheet "Cisco Nexus 3548 Switch" I would assume this means all versions of 3548 but scrolling down further I see your listed OID 1666 for 3548-X so likely XL is not supported.

I found this OID, not sure if this is the one for model N3K-C3548P-XL. I'm unable to perform a snmpwalk

OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.140
cevChassisCat3548XL

Searching the Cisco Navigator tool I found 

Cisco SNMP Object Navigator

OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.2039 - n3k-3548PXL

I think this is the correct OID

No only the specific models listed against those 2 OIDs are supported - the names are simply what someone at Cisco filled in the list against that OID.  Every single model has to be explicitly supported and if it's not in the list it's not supported.

Cisco came back re: TAC, there are a number of Customers with my same question, yes XL OID not supported........... I hope Cisco can include support XL for their next version or Prime. I must say, it is poor on Cisco's part not to include this OID as part of the Cisco 3548 family to Prime in their latest version when they intend to support Prime until 2028. Not impressed.

Even though Prime may be supported until 2028 you should be aware of the various milestone dates.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/prime-infrast-gen-appliance-lic-eol.html
End of SW Maintenance Releases Date: HW,OS SW September 28, 2024
So no routine software updates or bug fixes from that date. "After this date, Cisco Engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the product software."
And in the lead up to that, because it's already end of sale, they generally won't be adding new features or device types.  All new development/enhancement is now concentrated on DNAC.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

On IOS devices you can do: sh snmp sysobjectid