Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.10 installation problem

v.v.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying install Prime Infrastructure 3.10, but after installation ant running setup and log in I see that application NCS is not installed.

I'm installing from mapped DVD virtual drive, iso file: PI-APL-3.10.0.0.205-1-K9.iso. Tried install two times..

Server is new.

Maybe someone could say why it is not installing correctly?

Attaching some print screens.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I presume this is an appliance ? Anyway , scrutinize release notes carefully , especially if you are upgrading from previous versions, check , look for dependencies on previous recent versions and or execute the necessary steps to get to 3.10 , if needed. I suggest to wipe this installation in order to get a clean (re-)start.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of hardware are you installing onto? It isn’t shown in the screenshots or mentioned in the original post if it’s a bare metal UCS C220 or a new SNS-3xxx. 

It's new bare metal  UCSC-C220-M5SX (Cisco server)

I tried install two times.. it was strange, because after some installation time I found black screen local display and CIMC vKVM, and it seems like stuck, not showing anything or reacting to keyboard, so I Ctrl+ALt+Delete restarted... maybe it was still installing, or during installation restarting and not booting correctly... I was not sitting near server all installation time... but after restart I run command "SETUP" , did some server IP configuration settings and later login to  this system, just NSC application not running and not starting.. showing  sh: /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/wcsadmin.sh: No such file or directory ...  

I tried on the same metal with VMWARE EXSI VM, and Cisco Prime 3.10 VM run ok.

Now trying install on Microsoft HyperV on Windows 2019 server..

>It's new bare metal  UCSC-C220-M5SX (Cisco server)

That is  hardware environment is not supported , check link -https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-10/quick_start/guide/cisco_prime_infrastructure_3_10_quick_start_guide.html#con_1070125

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

You can install ESXi on the server and run a prime VM.

I don't understand why for virtual appliance the server is ok but  for Physical not :)? 

and why for virtual appliance is enough 12GB of RAM and for physical it needs 64GB..?

For Hyper-V, in manual it say select Generation 1, Gen2 is not supported for Prime Infrastructure deployment...

requirements.jpg

Virtual.jpg

Prime Infrastructure has always been very specific about what is and what is not supported regarding underlying hardware and/or virtualization systems. All of the Cisco products using ADE-OS (the carious Cisco Prime products, Cisco ISE, etc.) are that way. Many people have tried and failed to get around the requirements.

Experience shows us that, when we follow the requirements exactly, the system generally works as intended. When we don't, it doesn't.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card