Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.9 Wireless site maps obstacles

Anton Zvonarev
Level 1
Level 1

Hey colleagues

I have PI of the latest version 3.9 and I'm currently working on creating a couple of maps. 

I have nice and clean floor plans which were scaled appropriately by using the scaling tool.

I have columns in my building so I'm not sure how to correctly place them on the map. I believe the columns can be considered a thick wall however I'm not sure whether I should encircle them of just put a single line there. 

Both approaches seem to result in wrong RF calculation. 

Option 1: Encircling the column

Looks nice on the plan. 

Results in double RF penalty therefore the signal is not calculated properly. I have an area that is covered by the AP's signal however according to Prime I shouldn't have any signal in the area at all. 

Option 2: Putting a single line there

Looks not so nice.

The area is now covered however I'm not sure whether it is the correct calculation either since a column is not a wall and the direction (vertical / horizontal / diagonal) should affect the RF as well. 

In reality the blank area has the coverage and wifi works fine there. 

Could you advise on the best practice please? 

Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate what I mean

Thanks

Regards,
Anton

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anton, when I generate AP placements/site maps I use your option 1 in which you describe. the only thing different I've started to do recently is use Heavy door obstacle type because it has 15db loss instead of Thick Wall which is 13db.

Encircling the column tends to provided the fall off you can see in attached a little bit more (sorry for quality).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Anton, when I generate AP placements/site maps I use your option 1 in which you describe. the only thing different I've started to do recently is use Heavy door obstacle type because it has 15db loss instead of Thick Wall which is 13db.

Encircling the column tends to provided the fall off you can see in attached a little bit more (sorry for quality).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: