Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure Distribute Software Images to Nexus Devices

I'm posting a new discussion because I haven't been able to successfully find anything related to my exact question, if this has already been answered/addressed please point me to the post.

We have an installation of Prime Infrastructure version 3.10 which has full support for several of the Nexus switches we have in our environment, but specifically the Nexus 3048 switches. However whenever we try to distribute a software image to a 3048 Prime asks for and will not proceed without a kickstart image, which has not been a thing for Nexus software since 2015.

Is there a way to work around this? I didn't see anywhere that said that 3.10 supported the Nexus devices but only on NX-OS 6.X versions, but is that a legitimate limitation? Everything I've read about Prime and the 3048s implies that they should be fully supported by this version of Prime Infrastructure but I can't do the main thing we utilize Prime for with our Nexus devices.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For something as important as a Nexus DC switch, please avoid using something like PI or DNAC to upgrade them.