Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure - LMS License Kit

jeremygoutal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently bought a LMS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade because we had plans to migrate LMS 4.1 to Prime Infrastructure 2.0

In fact, we did not do the upgrade, but we installed Prime Infrastructure 2.0 on a new, separate server. We purchased a 100-device license for this Prime Infrastructure.

Now I have this LMS License Kit (L-PILMS42-KIT) for LMS 4.2 on my hands, and I would like to install LMS 4.2 on another server, and get rid of my LMS 4.1.

My question is : can I use the same 100-device license for LMS 4.2 also ? Do i need to purchase another license separately for LMS 4.2 ? Or can I maybe "split" my device count between Prime Infra 2.0 ans LMS 4.2 ?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

you should be able to use the same license of LMS 4.1 on LMS 4.2 .

As you are installing the new server which might have a new HOSTNAME then you need to contact the new license for you with the new host name of the server.

device count split between PI 2.0 and LMS 4.2 would be possible AFASIk.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

you should be able to use the same license of LMS 4.1 on LMS 4.2 .

As you are installing the new server which might have a new HOSTNAME then you need to contact the new license for you with the new host name of the server.

device count split between PI 2.0 and LMS 4.2 would be possible AFASIk.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thank you Afroz.

Would this mean that my LMS 4.2 License Kit is useless because I already have a LMS 4.1 installed ?

Also, how do you do device splitting between PI and LMS ?

Thanks

As you already have license for 4.1 which work fine on LMS 4.2 , you can say that..

or you can use this LMS 4.2 kit as well. I mean both will serve the same purpose.

Thanks-

Afroz

You can just upgrade your LMS to the current release in place and don't need to add the new license file. The format did not change from LMS 4.1 to LMS 4.2.

By the way, the PI -LMS "license splitting" is strictly honor system. There's no software enforcement of which ones are in use on which platform - your license only enforces the top level of your overall license on a given platform.

Hi ,

In case you don't want to installed LMS 4.2 on new server ,it is absolutely fine what Marvin suggested.

Thanks-

Afroz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: