cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure Stable Release

bnineball1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to do an fresh install/build of Prime Infrastructure to "upgrade" my current version 3.0 deployment.  I have ~100 devices total between wired and wireless.  Can anyone tell me whether 3.2 or 3.3 seems to be more stable/has less issues?  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- 'Stable' has a very wide meaning in the context of Prime; I use 3.3 and it doesn't crash; but that is probably not how you define stable. Which issues do you encounter ? I guess in the long run the intend is to improve the product, and if there are issues  -> upgrades are always advised.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Maybe I should ask things this way - is there a large difference in the amount of issues you have encountered in one vs the other?  I will expect to encounter issues with any version, and I would prefer 3.3, I mainly want to make sure it's not way worse than 3.2.  I do see there was an update 1 released for 3.3 a few days ago.

- I can't confirm or deny since I didn't have fundamental problem with 3.2 either; but Prime is complex and supports many platforms. Opinions may vary. Update 1 for Prime 3.3 seems a mystery for now, as CISCO , did not include the release notes or fixes on the site. I expect this will be corrected soon.  On the long run it must be viewed at from a different angle ; since new networking technologies will come out or evolve , the product must keep up , and that's another drive for keeping the prime software up2date.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce is correct, 

Easier to look at the release based on issues you have had with previous..

I had both 3.2 and 3.3 running for 2 months and each had their heartburn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: