Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure - SWIM - Scalability

Manuel Muetsch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just checked once again If i could find any information about scalability for Software Image Management (SWIM) in Prime Infrastructure but could not find anything in the Cisco Documentation.

In a previous version PI 3.4 I had to determine that an activation job started on only max. 21 devices in parallel.

When the first device was back again with the new image PI started the activation on the next one.

Now I am using PI 3.9 and would like to do the job for over 100 devices at the same time.

Does anyone know about those scalability informations?

Please reference the appropriate Cisco statement or documentation.

Kind Regards

Manuel

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not a big fan of upgrading IOS using PI, it never gave me correct outcome in various devices, may be good some devices not all mixed devices, i prefer to do automation scription, but if you have License you can use that feature of that working.

But Looking at the document as per your query. the number still same. :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_9_0_UserGuide/manage_device_software_images.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear BB,

thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately there are no scalability limits called in your reference.

Kind Regards

Manuel

Unfortunately there are no scalability limits called in your reference.

as i understand the query you looking more than 20 device  -  if correct - then  as per the  document as per your query. the number still same.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help