cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastrucutre 2.2.1 MR

hhorton
Level 1
Level 1

I've already installed MR1 file pi221_20150210_01.ubf, but I see a new MR that came out 25-FEB-2015 and is called pi221_20150131-27.ubf.  Should I install this update as well?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

There's internal bug filed for your issue.

Please open a TAC case for it.

- Ashok

******************************************************************************************************

Please rate the post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

******************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Feichti
Level 1
Level 1

I tried it to install the pi221_20150131-27.ubf over the pi221_20150210_01.ubf but then i get an error:

An error occurred while uploading file:
Patch group id pi221_POODLE_20150131_01 of current ubf is already existing in uploaded ubfs. Upload is not allowed.

This is a good question how to handel it.

Hi,

There's internal bug filed for your issue.

Please open a TAC case for it.

- Ashok

Please rate the post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

Is pi221_CSCut07018_CSCut03269_20150225_01-1.ubf.zip the correct fix for this problem?

The (warning) message is still visable !

"There are software package updates available for download. You can view details or download updates: "

pi221_20150131-27.ubf
Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 - Maintenance Release 1

This is a snip of the email TAC and I shared.

Regarding the pi221_20150131-27.ubf patch you see on PI, below is the information:

This is specific to the situation where Prime Infrastructure 2.2 - Device Pack 1 was installed first on Prime Infrastructure 2.2, and then the patch for Prime Infrastructure 2.2.1 MR (released on 02/18/2015) was applied, which resulted in the UI for Software Image Management being broken. Installing the PI 2.2.1 MR first and the device pack second does not cause this issue. 

The latest update you see is for the PI 2.2.1 ubf patch version 27, and the one which is already installed is version 26. When you will try to install the patch you will get error, but you can still get the features available in the version 27 by installing a point patch (this is not mandatory, and is an optional feature). The file name for the point patch is "pi221_CSCut07018_CSCut03269_20150225_01-1.ubf". If you want, I will go ahead and publish the file for you. (The file will be available for download for 3 days starting from the date of its publishing)

When installing the patch, you may see a warning, saying "The update is attempting to modify the files that have already been changed by update "pi221_2015031_01". Its strongly recommended to contact the author to make sure the installation of this update is safe.Please advise customer to click "Yes" and continue with the installation. 

Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There could be multiple issue, specially if you have installed the (.26) patch already.

This has been seen a known issue, & some patches are also available for this.

If you can, open a TAC case for it.

- Ashok

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card