Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem re-installing/imaging DNAC

Janne K.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

Im having a bit of trouble reinstalling/reimaging my first gen (DN1-HW-APL-U) DNAC with Release 2.3.3.5 

I followed the guide from here 

I am able to boot from the USB and fill out the maglev Wizard, but after the wizard completes and and generates the certificates and what not, it comes with this error: "No JSON object could be decoded"

Not sure if the appliance is faulty or if I'm missing something.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At this not sure what is wrong, never seen this issue - if  i were you I will try a lower version (2.2.2 see if that is ok), and make sure use USB 3.0 - 32GB is good to go

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Janne K.
Level 1
Level 1

OK... so, I feel a bit stupid but also a bit annoyed about this one.

I tried going through it again from the top carefully reading the guide, and came to this note:
"Do not use the Rufus utility to burn the Cisco DNA Center ISO image. Use only Etcher, the Linux CLI, or the Mac CLI."

Guess what I was using before..

Not sure what rufus is doing differently than balena, but at least I can continue the installation now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

tough. My guess it that you get the error because you are requesting a license update from the originally installed, existing smart licensing configuration. I am not sure you can resolve this yourself...I would contact Smart Licensing Support (link below).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At this not sure what is wrong, never seen this issue - if  i were you I will try a lower version (2.2.2 see if that is ok), and make sure use USB 3.0 - 32GB is good to go

BB

Janne K.
Level 1
Level 1

OK... so, I feel a bit stupid but also a bit annoyed about this one.

I tried going through it again from the top carefully reading the guide, and came to this note:
"Do not use the Rufus utility to burn the Cisco DNA Center ISO image. Use only Etcher, the Linux CLI, or the Mac CLI."

Guess what I was using before..

Not sure what rufus is doing differently than balena, but at least I can continue the installation now.

yes that is the reason i was more specific asking about USB, cisco install document mentioned what tool to use to ISO to USB.

personally RUFUS ok for other ISO, some how this is big image like 20GB+ so i go with cisco.

Glad you progressing well..good luck..welcome to SD-Access world of testing.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card