cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem when using a template for deleting users with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1

olivares
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I prepared a template for configuring a username and password in several routers, I have made some tests and the template is deploying correctly.

However, when I tried to deploy a template for deleting the usernames I created with the previous template, I found that the job was running for some minutes and after that, it is displayed with a status of Failure.

The error the PI gives me is:

Error : Connnection timed out while executing the command Current output : no username username
This operation will remove all username related configurations with same name.Do you want to continue? [confirm]
Current expects : (Router-Name.{0,30}|Router-Name)([^)]+)#s*z
Router-Name#s*z
[y/n]
ACCEPT? (yes/[no]):

It seems that the problem is that when the router receives the command no username, it wants to receive a confirmation that the PI is not sending.

If I enter the command in the CLI of the router, a simple return provides the confirmation.

Does someone know how to send that "return" or confirmation with the PI in the template?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ilyas mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

I solved the issue by using multi line commands in the fix CLI section of the policy. see example below

<MLTCMD>
no username testuser1
y
no username testuser2
y
username testuser3 privilege 15 secret 9 $34tdsvg43tgfve.jvHhyb3PUlX42.PBbRObkTY1aIqH06P5J0yegA2
</MLTCMD>

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ilyas mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution to your problem? I'm having the same issue with Prime 3.9

ilyas mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

I solved the issue by using multi line commands in the fix CLI section of the policy. see example below

<MLTCMD>
no username testuser1
y
no username testuser2
y
username testuser3 privilege 15 secret 9 $34tdsvg43tgfve.jvHhyb3PUlX42.PBbRObkTY1aIqH06P5J0yegA2
</MLTCMD>

olivares
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Ilyas,

I didn't get the notification of your reply in the post and didn't post the solution that I found (months later). 

Indeed, as you mentioned, the solution is to use the multiline commands.

Best!