Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with License Server in Cisco Works LMS 3.0

owaisqadri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

In my LMS server it is giving error license server is down. while checking the same in process it is not running. i ahve feteched the lod also . can any one know about this error

6 Replies 6

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

- Error running License Server: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data

Could you please verify whether you have the port.data file in the specified location? If not, please create the file (the privileges should be the same as for all other files in this derectory) and put the number: 40401. Restart the daemons afterwards and verify the situation.

thanks for your information but while searching the same file in c:\program files\cscopx\etc i am not able to find any file there by name of licences\port data. can you please help me how to create the same.

Just open notepad, type 40401and save as port.data file.

i dont have any folder there in /etc by name of license. where i can get this folder created or i need to upload license in lms server. one more thing i have noticed when i open server ---admin--licensing it is giving error

error commnicating with license server. license server may be down. please start the license server.

i created the data.port file now license server is up.. can i upgrade my LMS 3.0 to 3.2  do i need license for the same as my licenece is showing never expired. please advice

licenses are the same for LMS 3.0 and LMS 3.2

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card