Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with adding a new device in Common Services

vesk01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the following problem: I need to add a new device in my Cisco Works. What I do is I go to Common Services >> Device and Credentials >> Device Management. There I click "Add" and I add the new device with the corresponding credential set.

Then, in the RME >> Job Management >> RME Jobs I can see a new job created (CDA:CDA job due to Device Add. ) because of this addition but this jobs stays always in status Running and it never finishes. Most probablt because of that this newly added device never actually appears in the RME so I cannot operate with it - deploy software, save configs, etc.

I did this test a few times and all the times this is the result.

I tought that it might be a firewall issue blocking some protocol needed for the communication, as SNMP, telnet or something else. But if I go to Decice Center and I select this newly added device (which there appears with the question mark icon, not with the right device icon) I can see all the information for it, like Detailed Device Report, etc.

Then I noticed that in the RME Jobs section I have some more jobs that are like running forever - "CredEditCDA: CDA job due to Credential Edit".

See the attached image for details:

CDAjobs.jpg

So, my question is what might be the reason for this behaviour and what can I do in order to unblock these jobs and add my device normally?

What I use is:

Windows Server

LMS 3.2

RME 4.3.0

Thank you in advance,

Vesko

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

OK,

first of all, have you intergrated lms with ACS ? - check in common services - server - security - single-server mgmt - local user policy setup.

If this is in ACS, check if the newly added devices is in ACS... Check if this devices is reflecting in common services itself...make sure that the device type is selected properly ???

Next do a snmp test in device center for this machine..how would you do this --" in device center, select the device, do a management to station and select the snmpv2 and ok it" you will get if snmp is failing or not...As you mentioned it is coming in question mark..this is because the correct device type is not selected in common services.

Do an update inventory & archive and check the status..

~ rate if this was helpful.

-rajesh

View solution in original post

Hi,

did u try stopping this job by checking the job and clicking the disable/stop button in the same page...?

what is this device ? did u check is this device supported in your Lms 3.x ?

Did you try del/add this in CS

Try 'net stop crmdmgtd & net start crmdmgtd' cmds in Lms. ?

~rajesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

OK,

first of all, have you intergrated lms with ACS ? - check in common services - server - security - single-server mgmt - local user policy setup.

If this is in ACS, check if the newly added devices is in ACS... Check if this devices is reflecting in common services itself...make sure that the device type is selected properly ???

Next do a snmp test in device center for this machine..how would you do this --" in device center, select the device, do a management to station and select the snmpv2 and ok it" you will get if snmp is failing or not...As you mentioned it is coming in question mark..this is because the correct device type is not selected in common services.

Do an update inventory & archive and check the status..

~ rate if this was helpful.

-rajesh

Hello Rajesh,

I selected manually the device type in CS and after that the device appeared also in RME.

I did the SNMP test and it was OK.

But what I see as a left over problem is the the jobs from the screenshoot, which I have attached are still not able to be stopped. I also ran another Credentials Vertification job for this device and this new RME job also stays in Running status forever. Do you have some ideas why it is happening like that and how can I at least top these jobs?

Thanks in advance,

Vesko

Hi,

did u try stopping this job by checking the job and clicking the disable/stop button in the same page...?

what is this device ? did u check is this device supported in your Lms 3.x ?

Did you try del/add this in CS

Try 'net stop crmdmgtd & net start crmdmgtd' cmds in Lms. ?

~rajesh

Hello Rajesh,

thank you very much for the info. The problem is solved now.

Vesko

Thats excellent..thanks for your rating...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco