cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS for @ MPLS circuit on (ISR4400/isr 4300)

ELLE22
Level 1
Level 1

We have a DC with multiple sites connected via MPLS. On the DC router, we have two MPLS circuits:

- Primary circuit (2Gig)

- Secondary circuit (1Gig)

We also have two QoS policies on the Hub router, each tied to a specific circuit:

- QoS-2Gig (for the 2Gig primary circuit)

- QoS-1Gig (for the 1Gig secondary circuit)

We need to configure QoS on the spoke routers to support both MPLS circuits. If the primary circuit (2Gig) goes down, the spoke routers should automatically switch to the secondary QoS policy (QoS-1Gig).

Please provide guidance on how to configure QoS on the spoke routers to achieve this setup.

Thank you.

13 Replies 13

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Traffic migration to a lessor bandwidth path is usually provided by routing, not QoS.  (I suspect there's much room for possible QoS discussion, but I'll leave to you to open that subject.)

Is the issue, at remote sites they only have one WAN physical interface?

Thank you Joseph for your response, yes this is the problem that remote sites only have one WAN  interface

So what, exactly, do the remote sites "see"?  For example, do they "see" HQ's two (2g and 1g interfaces) IPs in the same subnet?

What are you using for a routing?

two cases so close is open this week 
for your case you can use EEM and IP SLA 
detect if Hub use primary link apply QoS for 2 G
if IP SLA detect hub use secondary then apply QoS for 1 G. 
in DMVPN the hub can push the QoS via tunnel but I dont think you use DMVPN over MPLS 
MHM

Thank you MHM cisco world, can we apply two QoS policies in the same interface for spoke routers ?

Do you have any configuration example please?

you can not two only one but by using EEM we can exchange one QoS with other depend on status of IP SLA 

MHM 

please do you have a config sample ?

yes we use DMVPN 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_conn_dmvpn/configuration/xe-16-8/sec-conn-dmvpn-xe-16-8-book/sec-conn-dmvpn-per-tunnel-qos.html

that better friend 
I was start run lab for mpls only but with new info you use DMVPN you can Per-Tunnel QoS DMVPN feature 

MHM

thank you much MHM 

now we have 1 tunnel between the hub and spokes , do we need to create another tunnel for the secondary circuit ?

Yes friend you need two tunnel in hub and spoke because it simple can not have two interface have same IP in one device 
below example how you can config two tunnel in hub using one ISP and two tunnel in spoke using two ISP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/dynamic-multi-point-vpn-dmvpn/119022-configure-dmvpn-00.html

MHM

Thank you MHM