cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions after LMS 2.6 upgrade from LMS 2.2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Is there a GUI counterpart to modifying NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/Collector.properties? I can't find it. Is LMS 2.5/2.6 (RME 4.x) supposed to pick up the custom syslog_info location from LMS 2.2 (RME 3.5)? If there's no GUI, how do I make LMS 2.6 re-read Collector.properties, without restarting dmgtd?

2. Is DCR supposed to pick up the entire RME 3.5 inventory and all custom "Views" during the LMS 2.2 -> 2.6 (via Dec05 update) upgrade? DCR is missing about 20% of the devices after the upgrade. Aftering importing the full inventory via a csv file, I get duplicates: one with just the hostname, one with hostname.fqdn.com. Even if I have All Devices folder checked, my search for which devices with names containing "fqdn.com" (the ones imported via the csv) returns nothing.

33 Replies 33

Actually, the problem is worse than you think. This is a security hole. We should not chown the syslog file to casuser. The perms are also too open. This will be fixed, but we will need to do a chmod to at least 0644. If this fails, though, it would not be fatal.

As for Netconfig jobs, no jobs or job-related data is migrated from 2.2 to 2.6.

I filed CSCsi52968 to track the issue with permissions on syslogConf.pl adjusting the permissions on the syslog message file.

Thanks.

Here's the screenshot.