cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Connection Refused" when trying to run job in Solarwinds Orion

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

I receieve a connection refused when attempting to run a job in Solarwinds Orion. The devices are configured for SSH and able to ping the Orion server as all the other functions for Solarwinds works, however I can't puch out a new banner to all the devices as I receive "Connection Refuse". Under the "edit properties" for one of the devices, under "Connection Profile" all setting are under ${GlobalConfigRequestProtocol]}. Should I be changing these or something? SSH is configured on the device under Linevty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Sounds like you don't have a connection profile selected. In the dropdown box 'Global Connection Profile:' does it say '<No Profile>' ?

Is some have been preconfigured you should be able to select them from the dropdown box, which will populate the other fields and allow you click the 'Test' button. If there are no profiles, click the 'Manage Connection Profiles' link to the right of the window and configure one with a service account credentials.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Sounds like you don't have a connection profile selected. In the dropdown box 'Global Connection Profile:' does it say '<No Profile>' ?

Is some have been preconfigured you should be able to select them from the dropdown box, which will populate the other fields and allow you click the 'Test' button. If there are no profiles, click the 'Manage Connection Profiles' link to the right of the window and configure one with a service account credentials.

cheers,

Seb.

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6
Sorry person who relayed message misinformed me. Errors were coming back only for certain devices when running a job as syntax is different for those particular devices. Appreciate the help!