cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius Command Failed to Apply when adding server to radius group

ChrisHerrin
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure Radius on a  Cisco N9K-C93180YC-FX with NXOS version 10.4.2.F. I am able to configure the server hosts with the specific key but once I go into the group and try to add the server to the group it gives me the error "Radius Command Failed to Apply" What am I missing?? I have no issues doing this on Catalyst switches ( I know slightly different architecture / command set).

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the radius server group in the running config anyway after the command is given ; it could be that the message is bogus.
            - Also check the logs on the N9K-C93180YC-FX after the command is tried
            - Upgrade to latest advisory release and check if that can help ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The Group itself shows up in show run but when I do sh radius-server group is shows that the group is blank as below.

following RADIUS server groups are configured:

group radius: 

server:all configured servers

deadtime is 0

It is currently running the latest release.

Logs never showed anything.

Hello,

try and remove all aaa (e.g. 'no aaa authentication login default group radius') first, then add the server hosts and keys, after that, add aaa...

ChrisHerrin
Level 1
Level 1

Weirdly enough, it turns out that it did not like the name of the radius group. Once I changed the name to have an underscore instead of a hyphen it went through just fine. That being said, now I am having an issue getting Radius to work as it keeps telling me "Remote AAA servers unreachable" upon logging in ( I can ping both Radius servers just fine though from the switch.) and the error I am getting from the console is %SYSMGR-2-SERVICE_CRASHED: Service "Radius Daemon" (PID *******) hasn't caught signal 6 (core will be saved.) 

I will open a new separate case for that though. Thank you guys for your help.

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwd18175

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The article states that a reload (reboot) is the fix, which has been done multiple times to no avail. Unless they are referring to a clearing of the NVRAM and starting fresh (which I have not done.). This is a new config that has been in production for around 6 mos. and trying to implement Radius on it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card