cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RECOMMEND WITH APPROPIATE FUNCTIONALITY MERAKI SWITCH TO REPL. 9K

Sencyty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys I need your in-depth contributions and recommendation to see if theres is any better Meraki switch to do core(routing), aggregation, software capability, extensive layer 2 and 3 switches as 9k switches or better. I actually suggest MS425, even though I recommend we keep the 9k. 

I decided to put this up here to get you guys opinion and expert contribution. I need this ASAP, to conclude my recommendation before close of business today. The client is bent on replacing with Meraki of same functionality or something closer

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could you give an indication of the number of ports and types you need (e,g. 24 x 10GBaseT, 48 x SFP+, 96 x Gigabit PoE, etc).  Cisco calls all their products "9k" now.  Are you referring to a Nexus or Catalyst switch?

Products to possibly consider:

Meraki MS350-24X.  24 port UPOE layer 3 switch with 8 of those ports being MGig and 4 x SFP+ ports.  You can stack to get density.

Meraki MS355, large MGig density if you mostly want wired connectivity, such as 2.5G out to desktops, or MGig APs.

Meraki MS425, large SFP+ density if you mostly want to do 10G SFP+ connectivity.

Meraki MS450-12, if you mostly want 40Gbe connections and a little bit of 100Gbe.

Do not touch the MS390 series.  Massive software issues.  All other switches are ok.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could you give an indication of the number of ports and types you need (e,g. 24 x 10GBaseT, 48 x SFP+, 96 x Gigabit PoE, etc).  Cisco calls all their products "9k" now.  Are you referring to a Nexus or Catalyst switch?

Products to possibly consider:

Meraki MS350-24X.  24 port UPOE layer 3 switch with 8 of those ports being MGig and 4 x SFP+ ports.  You can stack to get density.

Meraki MS355, large MGig density if you mostly want wired connectivity, such as 2.5G out to desktops, or MGig APs.

Meraki MS425, large SFP+ density if you mostly want to do 10G SFP+ connectivity.

Meraki MS450-12, if you mostly want 40Gbe connections and a little bit of 100Gbe.

Do not touch the MS390 series.  Massive software issues.  All other switches are ok.