cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RECOMMEND WITH APPROPIATE FUNCTIONALITY MERAKI SWITCH TO REPL. 9K

Sencyty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys I need your in-depth contributions and recommendation to see if theres is any better Meraki switch to do core(routing), aggregation, software capability, extensive layer 2 and 3 switches as 9k switches or better. I actually suggest MS425, even though I recommend we keep the 9k. 

I decided to put this up here to get you guys opinion and expert contribution. I need this ASAP, to conclude my recommendation before close of business today. The client is bent on replacing with Meraki of same functionality or something closer

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could you give an indication of the number of ports and types you need (e,g. 24 x 10GBaseT, 48 x SFP+, 96 x Gigabit PoE, etc).  Cisco calls all their products "9k" now.  Are you referring to a Nexus or Catalyst switch?

Products to possibly consider:

Meraki MS350-24X.  24 port UPOE layer 3 switch with 8 of those ports being MGig and 4 x SFP+ ports.  You can stack to get density.

Meraki MS355, large MGig density if you mostly want wired connectivity, such as 2.5G out to desktops, or MGig APs.

Meraki MS425, large SFP+ density if you mostly want to do 10G SFP+ connectivity.

Meraki MS450-12, if you mostly want 40Gbe connections and a little bit of 100Gbe.

Do not touch the MS390 series.  Massive software issues.  All other switches are ok.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could you give an indication of the number of ports and types you need (e,g. 24 x 10GBaseT, 48 x SFP+, 96 x Gigabit PoE, etc).  Cisco calls all their products "9k" now.  Are you referring to a Nexus or Catalyst switch?

Products to possibly consider:

Meraki MS350-24X.  24 port UPOE layer 3 switch with 8 of those ports being MGig and 4 x SFP+ ports.  You can stack to get density.

Meraki MS355, large MGig density if you mostly want wired connectivity, such as 2.5G out to desktops, or MGig APs.

Meraki MS425, large SFP+ density if you mostly want to do 10G SFP+ connectivity.

Meraki MS450-12, if you mostly want 40Gbe connections and a little bit of 100Gbe.

Do not touch the MS390 series.  Massive software issues.  All other switches are ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: