cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote analysis Bandwidth (not Throughput)?

LuciasDA
Level 1
Level 1

I've attempted trying to find this and haven't been successful. Also please note this is my first forum question, so apologies if this reads incoherently.

My team has two domain's we manage, each domain is a central site (small datacentre) and multiple surrounding minor sites (just WAN links to building switch). Recently we've been having issue's with our ISP with regards to Bandwidth Up/Down. Currently the way I have been testing and putting forward the information is by running a speedtest (onsite) online and holding it up against cisco interface throughput.

Going to each site when we have 94 is proving time consuming; I'd like to know if there is a way can remotely run bandwidth test?

Many thanks, humbly await any advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you can setup an iPerf listener at each site 

you can setup a dedicated device or just run it as single .exe on a client.

then from the central site perform the test to all listeners

it uses the command line and is available for multiple platforms

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you can setup an iPerf listener at each site 

you can setup a dedicated device or just run it as single .exe on a client.

then from the central site perform the test to all listeners

it uses the command line and is available for multiple platforms

Hi Pieterh,

I have tried to get it working, I know its my lack of knowlegde. But trying to run it on VDI machines. Have you done this before?

yes, have done this some time ago, our permanent setup was iperf server running on a thin client.

I don't see a problem in running on VDI environment

you may need to add rules to your local firewall to enable the incoming iPerf connections to the listener?

in a lab setup you may consider to check with the firewall temporarily disabled?

look at this example or this tutorial

I thought I'd update this;

Thank you for your help. Running iperf on the remote devices has certainly helped. I have them relaying to a solarwinds monitoring server. I've also had one of our server guys who builds the images put Jperf on for admin access only. It has been a god send. Thanks very much.