Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.5 (VA) HA Failing

ritchieb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently trying to deploy 2 Cisco Prime 3.5 Virtual Appliances in HA mode, the primary device is setup and the secondary has been configured to be a secondary node.

When I initialize the process to register the primary with the secondary I get the following error (after hours of waiting);

"Failed HA registration Cannot create physical standby DB : RMAN-06136: ORACLE error from auxiliary database: ORA-03135: connection lost contact"

Has anyone come across this message? What was the resolution?

My searches all come up with Oracle related issues.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ritchieb
Level 1
Level 1

OK... So after days of testing and troubleshooting I have identified the issue.

One of the PRIME devices sits behind a FW (ASA), I have moved this instance to a subnet not behind a FW and the HA pairing took a matter of minutes.

I had been monitoring log files on the intermediary FW and saw no denies or errors for these two hosts so was not obvious. I haven't got to the bottom of what it is that causes the issue and my PRIME instance can stay in its existing location.

So, if you are trying to pair to PRIME instances and see errors like the above look to see if you have a FW in the path and don't go down a DB creation rabbit hole!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ritchieb
Level 1
Level 1

OK... So after days of testing and troubleshooting I have identified the issue.

One of the PRIME devices sits behind a FW (ASA), I have moved this instance to a subnet not behind a FW and the HA pairing took a matter of minutes.

I had been monitoring log files on the intermediary FW and saw no denies or errors for these two hosts so was not obvious. I haven't got to the bottom of what it is that causes the issue and my PRIME instance can stay in its existing location.

So, if you are trying to pair to PRIME instances and see errors like the above look to see if you have a FW in the path and don't go down a DB creation rabbit hole!