Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset QPM 4.x database

nrmdcs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to reset the database on my QPM install without having to reinstall QPM and patch it up again.  The reason for this is we've ended up with a number of ghost nested policy entries that are selectable in policy creation but do not show up in the nested policy table (provisioning > pre-configuration > nested policies), and some policies cannot be deleted (after selecting them and pressing delete they are still in the policy list!).

TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alright, I'd still strongly suggest completing a backup from QPM's Common Services first before you go ahead. That being said, I'm guessing you could get it done with the following commands on the appropriate OS:

Solaris:

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Windows:

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Now the ??? part is what I'm not sure about. My bet would be either "QPM" or "Qpm", but I can't find any definitive answer about it. So YMMV, No Warranty Expressed or Implied, etc., etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are there things that you don't want to lose?

No, don't need to keep anything.

Alright, I'd still strongly suggest completing a backup from QPM's Common Services first before you go ahead. That being said, I'm guessing you could get it done with the following commands on the appropriate OS:

Solaris:

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Windows:

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Now the ??? part is what I'm not sure about. My bet would be either "QPM" or "Qpm", but I can't find any definitive answer about it. So YMMV, No Warranty Expressed or Implied, etc., etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: