Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.5 (24hrs Change Audit Report)

majama
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Everyone,

I have noticed that I am not able to see anything other than “Unknown” when checking 24 hours-> Change Audit report under Host Name, Connection Mode when someone telnet to a Cisco device running CatOS and makes configuration change. I'm able to see host IP and Connection mode i.e. (Telnet) along with Configured from console by vty0 under message when configuration change has been made to a device running IOS image. SNMP is detecting the change but I am not able to see who made change.

I have CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 on Win2K server and IDU 10.

RME 3.5 IDU 10

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MJ

2 Replies 2

kawng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi MJ

That is normal behaviour.

RME will only show userids that made changes when

RME is used to make the configuration changes, ie.

NetConfig, Config Editor

What RME does is poll some mib objects to get that information.

When you telnet to a device and make a change, the username made not be saved in the mib which RME SNMP polls to get the username.

I believe it's the CISCO-CONFIG-MAN-MIB which

RME polls to get that info.

Hope that helps

K

Hi K,

Thanks for the reply. I am not looking for user-name but host IP address under Host Name field in Change Audit Report and method of connection under connection mode. I am able to get this info when change has been made to IOS devices but not CatOS devices. I used to get this info before but somehow, I can only see that change has been made but the host field and connection mode is “unknown”.

Appreciate your help.

MJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: