Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3.1 not showing devices in the device select menu

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Windows Server 2008 Standard LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1

When I try to select devices to check/compare device configurations in the RME Archive Mgmt menu (RME -> Archive Mgmt -> Compare Configs) no device shows up for me to select. I know the configurations are being archived because when I use the Device Troubleshooting diagnostic tool it shows me the latest configuration fetched for a device

Since it doesn’t show me devices to select from, if I try to search for a device in the device selection, the query ends but nothing is displayed. If I select advance search I get an error window with the following message:

Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/deviceselector/DeviceFilter.jsp!!!Exception in JSP: /WEB-INF/screens/deviceselector/DeviceFilter.jsp:77 74: if (classtype != null && classtype.length() > 0) 75: javaClassArray = devFilterUtil.getSubClasses(classtype, false); 76: else 77: javaClassArray = devFilterUtil.getClasses(); 78: 79: 80: String javaAttributeArray[][] = devFilterUtil.getAttributes(javaClassArray); Stacktrace

From other applications such as Ciscoview, Campus Manager, Common Services I can see all the devices configured on the system

This was working just a few weeks ago. There have been windows updates applied to this server lately, so I’m wondering if any of them is causing the errors.

Thanks for any information.

Jorge Jiles

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command from the server as well as the RMEDeviceSelector.log.

Here are the files...

Thanks.

Jorge Jiles

The EssentialsDM daemon is in a waiting to initialize state, which points to CSCte49301 as a potential cause.

Symptom:

The EssentialsDM daemon hangs in a Waiting to initialize state (as seen in the output of the pdshow command).  Additionally, one might see "Error connecting to JRM" in Resource Manager Essentials applications.

Conditions:

This occurs on Windows servers after the patch for KB968930 is installed, and only if the Windows Remote Management service was started prior to starting CiscoWorks Daemon Manager.

Workaround:

Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command from the server's command prompt:

net stop crmdmgtd

Delete the following two files:

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry.backup

Restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command:

net start crmdmgtd

If that does not work, then the Windows Remote Management service must be stopped, and disabled.  Then, CiscoWorks Daemon Manager must be restarted.

That was the solution. One thing though! If I reload the server, will the conditions be back and I will have to follow the mentioned steps again? If so, is there a patch with a permanent solution?

Thank you very much for your help.

Jorge.

Once the registry files are generated with the correct port info, the problem should not return.