Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Syslog Analyzer

Hi All,

I have the CW installed in a solaris system, sparingly used and now we want to bring the system to some speed. First area we wanted to fix is

the syslog analyser. I have the following problem and would appreciate any help to overcome this.

1. I can see that the devices are sending syslog to the syslog flat file as mentioned in the /etc/syslog.conf file.

local7.info /var/log/syslog_info

The above file is growing in size. This file is also mentioned as the source under the syslog analyzer application.

When I check at the syslog collector status under rme syslog analyzer administration, it says 'error in accessing servers database' message. It is asking to check whether 'essentialsdb engine' is running under processes. This process is running, but says no messages received.

Can somebody help as to why this is happening and are there any areas that we can troubleshoot further.

Thanks & regards,

Murali

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the server was running for a long period of time without any administration, you should first backout the log files. There is perl script under

..CSCOpx/cgibin/admin/logBackup.pl

then restart the daemons

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Then retry what you want to do. If it is still not working check

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080080e95.html#39274

Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the server was running for a long period of time without any administration, you should first backout the log files. There is perl script under

..CSCOpx/cgibin/admin/logBackup.pl

then restart the daemons

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Then retry what you want to do. If it is still not working check

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080080e95.html#39274

Martin

Hi Martin,

Sorry for a delayed response. Your suggestion worked and once we backout the log files we could view the reports.

Thanks !

regards,

Murali