Views
Helpful
Replies

RME3.5 Inventory issue - failed to import from file

juntao.wang
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is on Solaris 8, LMS 2.2 , RME 3.5 IDU 11

I was trying to import device list from a csv (and/or dif) file, but I always got warning message "A fully qualified path and valid filename are required for this operation".

I choose "Resource Manager Essentials"/Administration/Inventory/"Import from file".

While clicking "details" it says "An illegal file name was detected because file does not exist, is empty or zero length, a directory, not readable, or not a text file. Verify the file is a valid text file with the appropriate permissions and is accessible to the server.

I was able to export the inventory to a file named template.export.csv.v1:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/inventory/template.export.csv.v1

And I set chmod 777 to this file and still got the above warning messages. I tried all 4 formats : csv & dif ver 1&2, followed the user guide for import file format, always got the warnings.

How do I verify or troubleshoot this issue?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Jerry

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Try it with a different type of browser and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks very much for your advice. Yes the test on Netscape browser looks good. But with IE browser I never got the "How to Resolve Conflicts dialog box" appeared. Any possible reason for this? How to set up my IE browser to solve this issue?

Your help is highly appreciated.

I am having the same issue, we are running the same version but on Win2k. Is it a setting on IE that makes this fail? It works fine when I use firefox. What is the fix for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: