Views
Helpful
Replies

Run a Set of Commands Using Prime Infrastructure

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I want to do a weekly backup of my devices. I found another thread about doing backup in PI. It is said that go to Administration -> Job Dashboard -> System Jobs -> Infrastructure, there's a Job called "Device Config Backup-External". But my backup usually takes more than that. I usually run these commands:

wr

show run

show version

etc.

Can I run a set of commands to a set of devices then store the file into a remote server on Cisco PI? Thank you.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prime genereally take device backup as expected (depends on how many device in the network) - we need to know why taking longer than as expected.

Prime infra  - you can customise repots, but what is the use case to write config here ? show run and show version you should see part of the backup ?

or you looking something extra commands the that should be in config level.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Sometimes me and my colleagues forgot to write the config after changing something. This is just a prevention, so the most up to date config is written into the memory. Because in the past we had some issue the switch restarted with various reasons (electricity, software failure, rommon, etc.).

Other commands are just a bunch of show commands, nothing on config level.

jhauff
Level 1
Level 1

So many moons ago, Ciscoworks had the ability to create a job with the ability to just run several CLI commands on an unmanaged device. All it needed was to be able to connect  with a switch, have a valid login (tacacs or local).  Then it would run the cli commands as if I was logged into the switch myself.

Im trying to find that same ability in PI 3.10, but its alluding my efforts.  

Does anyone have any ideas how this is done in todays version?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card