finley
Level 1
Level 1
4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @finley 

I will take a look on the file.

Going through some of your questions:

"1) CLI Configuration: I'm not sure how to execute the CLI configuration as shown in the attached photo. Any guidance or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated."

I mean, you want to know how to get to the CLI on the device? If that´s the question, you just need to double click on the device and then select CLI on the opened window.

2) Google Search Issue: When I enter any search query in the web browser, Google is not displaying any results. I'm unsure why this is happening, and I would like to fix this issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or knows a potential solution, your input would be valuable.

This can be probably lack of configuration. I will look the file and let you know.

3) Limited Floor Plan Information: Our only available reference for the office layout is a hand-drawn sketch (see attached photo). Since it lacks detailed measurements, I'm uncertain about how to accurately represent the physical design in Cisco Packet Tracer. Any suggestions on how to approach this would be helpful.

Packet Tracer allows you to draw. Of course it will be a very limited design but can give you some idea.

4) Lack of Guidance on Logical and Physical Design: Unfortunately, our professor didn't cover both logical and physical network design extensively, leaving me unsure of how to proceed. If anyone could provide a general framework or guidance on how to approach the physical design aspect, it would be immensely appreciated.

I believe the file you attach is just fine to move on. It probably require some ajustment.

View solution in original post

The file attached seems to be working now.

For the project, the Packet Tracer have two views as you can see on the print below. On the top of the PacketTracer there is two view option which is Logical and Physical . In order to organize the PCs inside a buiding you can use the physical view.

FlavioMiranda_0-1685527906507.png

Hello @finley 

"Firstly, I have attached the project file to this message, which includes an image of our office plan. My question is, do I need to perform any specific actions or clicks to ensure that whatever I include in the logical design is automatically reflected in the physical design? I want to make sure both designs are in sync."

The procedure to add the floor plan to PacketTracer is the same on the logical and physical but you need to add on both. If you add only on the Logical, it will not show on the physical

" Secondly, I followed your instructions regarding the removal of "home city icons" and attempted to view the logical design. However, I encountered an unexpected problem. None of my PCs, routers, switches, or servers are available, or perhaps I'm missing a specific step or component that needs to be selected. Could you please provide me with detailed instructions on how to access and view the logical design properly?"

Pn the Phycical view only the PC will be available because the switches and router will be inside the closet . If you expand the closet, you will see the switches and Routers inside. Just do double click over the Main Wairing Closet

To return to diagram view, use the Back Lever on the top of the window

FlavioMiranda_1-1685660172692.png

FlavioMiranda_0-1685660067825.png

" Lastly, I would like to confirm whether the physical design should also include the representation of the router, switch, and server aside from all the PCs just like what you replied to me before. Since our professor didn't provide much guidance on the physical design, I want to ensure that I'm including all the necessary components."

As I said, the view is different but they are all there. I am attaching a file to help.

I believe you need a bigger floor plan. Would be better

7 Replies 7

Hi @finley 

I will take a look on the file.

Going through some of your questions:

"1) CLI Configuration: I'm not sure how to execute the CLI configuration as shown in the attached photo. Any guidance or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated."

I mean, you want to know how to get to the CLI on the device? If that´s the question, you just need to double click on the device and then select CLI on the opened window.

2) Google Search Issue: When I enter any search query in the web browser, Google is not displaying any results. I'm unsure why this is happening, and I would like to fix this issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or knows a potential solution, your input would be valuable.

This can be probably lack of configuration. I will look the file and let you know.

3) Limited Floor Plan Information: Our only available reference for the office layout is a hand-drawn sketch (see attached photo). Since it lacks detailed measurements, I'm uncertain about how to accurately represent the physical design in Cisco Packet Tracer. Any suggestions on how to approach this would be helpful.

Packet Tracer allows you to draw. Of course it will be a very limited design but can give you some idea.

4) Lack of Guidance on Logical and Physical Design: Unfortunately, our professor didn't cover both logical and physical network design extensively, leaving me unsure of how to proceed. If anyone could provide a general framework or guidance on how to approach the physical design aspect, it would be immensely appreciated.

I believe the file you attach is just fine to move on. It probably require some ajustment.

With regards to 1) sir, I don't how to do it in CLI so probably it's the reason my work doesn't work.

Web capture_31-5-2023_164145_www.youtube.com.jpeg

The file attached seems to be working now.

For the project, the Packet Tracer have two views as you can see on the print below. On the top of the PacketTracer there is two view option which is Logical and Physical . In order to organize the PCs inside a buiding you can use the physical view.

FlavioMiranda_0-1685527906507.png

Hi sir,

Thank you for your response. I apologize for any confusion caused. Regarding the attached file, I wanted to confirm if it contains the photo in the physical mode. When I attempted to open it, the file appeared to be blank, and I wasn't sure which buttons to click in order to view it properly.

I understand that in the Packet Tracer application, there are two views available: Logical and Physical. For organizing the PCs within a building, the Physical view is typically used. However, I am unable to view the photo in the attached file, and I am unsure of the steps to follow in order to access it.

Thank you for your time and support.

SOLVED

Hello @finley 

"Firstly, I have attached the project file to this message, which includes an image of our office plan. My question is, do I need to perform any specific actions or clicks to ensure that whatever I include in the logical design is automatically reflected in the physical design? I want to make sure both designs are in sync."

The procedure to add the floor plan to PacketTracer is the same on the logical and physical but you need to add on both. If you add only on the Logical, it will not show on the physical

" Secondly, I followed your instructions regarding the removal of "home city icons" and attempted to view the logical design. However, I encountered an unexpected problem. None of my PCs, routers, switches, or servers are available, or perhaps I'm missing a specific step or component that needs to be selected. Could you please provide me with detailed instructions on how to access and view the logical design properly?"

Pn the Phycical view only the PC will be available because the switches and router will be inside the closet . If you expand the closet, you will see the switches and Routers inside. Just do double click over the Main Wairing Closet

To return to diagram view, use the Back Lever on the top of the window

FlavioMiranda_1-1685660172692.png

FlavioMiranda_0-1685660067825.png

" Lastly, I would like to confirm whether the physical design should also include the representation of the router, switch, and server aside from all the PCs just like what you replied to me before. Since our professor didn't provide much guidance on the physical design, I want to ensure that I'm including all the necessary components."

As I said, the view is different but they are all there. I am attaching a file to help.

I believe you need a bigger floor plan. Would be better

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card