cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP Transfer aborted to 3650

aweise
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to transfer an IOS image down to a 3650 switch and on every attempt, I get the following:

%Error opening sftp://*@192.168.174.174/c1100-universalk9.16.12.05.SPA.bin (Transfer aborted)

This happens no matter what server IP I use (we have three). I've tested this with other 3650s at remote branch office locations and they all work.

Our firewall logs do show a difference - for the switch in question, we see the firewall log indicate the session was ended by a TCP RST from the client. For the switches where the SFTP works, the end of the session is a TCP FIN. Obviously, the switch I'm working with is the issue.

My question - has anyone seen this? What else besides a sniffer capture can I do to troubleshoot this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

is there a difference in the SSH settings between the non-working and the working switches ? Or the ssh source interface being used ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/16-11/configuration_guide/sec/b_1611_sec_3650_cg/sftp.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NOTE:  You're transferring an firmware meant for a 1100 router into a 3650, is that correct? 

How about TFTP?  

What is the current firmware version of the switch? 

Reboot the switch and see if it makes any difference.

Yes, I understand that I was transferring an 1100 image. I was just using that for testing purposes.

I thought about rebooting, but need to find a maintenance window to do so.

- In 'worst case' it could recognize that the image is wrong and abort , not sure that happens , to exclude use valid image for the device.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

is there a difference in the SSH settings between the non-working and the working switches ? Or the ssh source interface being used ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/16-11/configuration_guide/sec/b_1611_sec_3650_cg/sftp.html

Georg - good call. I had added the command "ip ssh window-size 131072" in an attempt to speed up the transfer. When I removed that, the SFTP transfer worked.

As for the other idea - all other switches were successfully able to download the 1100 router image, so I knew that wasn't the issue.

Thanks for the responses!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: