Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-10 - Whatsup Gold

Dears,

I am using cisco switch SG350 - 10P and WhatsUp gold.

WhatsUp gold is able to scan the switch properly and showing some data like Interface Utilization and Ping Response Time.

But some performance monitors are not fetching any data, like the CPU Utilization and memory Utilization.

I tried to install the MIBs from cisco account and copied all the IPs to the path for the WhatsUp gold, but still facing the same problem.

Is this switch Model not supporting this feature in WhatsUp gold or what is the issue here?

I am facing the same problem in all the switches from the same model. 

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

first check the snmp configuration on the switch (community, management-ip, incoming interface)
Configure Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Communities on a Switch - Cisco
maybe it is not enabled yet

second when adding the device in whatsup select the correct snmp credentials instead of relying on the defaults
(you can also edit the device afterwards and modify the snmp credentials)

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Is this switch Model not supporting this feature in WhatsUp gold or what is the issue here?"

My guess would be either the switch doesn't provide the data you're after, at all, and/or it's provided under a different OID then what WhatsUp expects.  There's also the possibly you've bumped into a bug on those (same model) switches (are those switches all running the same OS version?).

Have you tried a manual MIB browser to see if it see any data for the OIDs WhatsUp is accessing (w/o success)?

You've mentioned loading MIB templates into WhatsUp.  You've also then configured WhatsUp to pull specific OIDs?  No data?  You can also try a manual MIB browser for those.