Views
Helpful
Replies

Shadow directory in LMS 3.2

diegocuartero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with the sahdow directory, it is empty. I have checked the box, as you can see in the image:

image1.jpg

I have read something about the dcmaservice.log, but I don't know how to interpret it. Ihave attached the log file. Someone who can help me?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This device clearly shows the error as :

There is no change in STARTUP and RUNNING config both.

You should make a configuration change on the device and than try running configuration archive. Else delete this device from LMS which would remove entire details related to this device, and re-add after 5 mins, than re-try the config fetch.

Configuration should be saved and should also appear in shadow directory.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

For this directory to get filled you need 2 things.

Your achive collection needs to be succesfull. If this fails nothing willl ever be saved

The configs need to be modified. Only when a change is detected a config will be saved.

Cheers,

Michel

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see devices failing for archive which may be a reason of empty Shadow directory.

Try to target any one device randomly and run archive and see if it successful or failing? If it fails archive is expeceted to be remain empty and if it succeeds and it is still empty, share the logs again.

Make sure to empty the log file before this, so we capture only what is new and also check shadow directory has correct casuser permissions.

Try once to disable > apply and re-enable the shadow directory as well.

P.S: LMS 3.2 is always recommended to be upgraded to LMS 3.2.1.

-Thanks

Hi,

I tried to do a syn Archive, but it fails

when I click on the job ID,

I attach the new dcmaservice.log

This device clearly shows the error as :

There is no change in STARTUP and RUNNING config both.

You should make a configuration change on the device and than try running configuration archive. Else delete this device from LMS which would remove entire details related to this device, and re-add after 5 mins, than re-try the config fetch.

Configuration should be saved and should also appear in shadow directory.

-Thanks

Hi,

I have made changes in the configuration, but the Sync archive still produce errors.

Fynally, I have deleted the device an re-added it, and when I do a new Sync archive... it works!!

Thank you so mucho for your help.

P.S. I don't want to thin about deleting and re-add all the devices !!

Unfotunately, that error for VLAN is something which says config and DB not in sync:

CM0005: Archive does not exist for $1. Error during archive creation. Actio : Verify that the archive exist for the device.

Please check the correct casuser permission for the directory. Else most of the time delete-re-add fixes this.  But you can try t resubmit a device in RME once and see if it helps.

-Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: