cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show Interface Summary - Data collection interval

Joel Cagle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am trying to collect data on my network, so I can create a baseline for certain interfaces. I ultimately want to be able to compare current data to the baseline, so I can tell if users abusing my bandwidth. I really like the data I get from the show interface summary command, but I can't seem to find any information on what interval the command uses to get this data, is it a 5 minute average or is it real time data. Is the packets per second, and the bits per second cumulative, or is it over a certain time period? The clear counter command does not seem to reset the output from the show interface summary command, so it make me think it is real time data, but again I can't find any information about how the data is accumulated. Can anyone help with how this command gets its statistics?

R16#sh int summary

*: interface is up
 IHQ: pkts in input hold queue     IQD: pkts dropped from input queue
 OHQ: pkts in output hold queue    OQD: pkts dropped from output queue
 RXBS: rx rate (bits/sec)          RXPS: rx rate (pkts/sec)
 TXBS: tx rate (bits/sec)          TXPS: tx rate (pkts/sec)
 TRTL: throttle count

Interface                       IHQ       IQD   OHQ       OQD      RXBS      RXPS      TXBS      TXPS      TRTL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GigabitEthernet1/1            0         0         0             0         6000            9         384000        85         0

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: