from release notes for 16.9.x, it seems smart licensing is now the only way for the licensing option.so I need to know if I upgraded the cisco switch platform cat 9K or 3650/3850 to a version higher than 16.9.x the switch license mode will be evaluation mode for 90 days :
- what will happen after 90 days if the switch still not register?
- if I register switch for the first time. it should make the switch able to access the internet all the time?
- what happens if switch unable to access the internet after register for security reasons?
what will happen after 90 days if the switch still not register?
The current regime will only "nag" or spam the logs. It is yet uncertain the future. It might turn into "policing" if, say, people are abusing this.
what happens if switch unable to access the internet after register for security reasons?
Do you have DNA Centre appliance?
but i wondering what will happen to switch functionality if :
- my license level is Network Essentials after evaluation mode expiration ?
- my license level is Network Advantage after evaluation mode expiration ?
For the time being, nothing will happen. Functionalities will not change.
The logs, however, will be continuously spammed.