Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID temperature

duwijakarta
Level 1
Level 1

Helo SIR

please help me, I want to add a temperature switch graph to the cacti, how do I do it? how many OIDs do I need to add to the cacti? I use Cisco WS-C2960L-48TS-LL and C9300-48T-4X-E switches, thank you

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may try to snmpwalk the CISCO-ENVMON-MIB , find the related OID's and then use them in cacti , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thankyou sir, please can you help me in doing the tutorial? or is there an article that can help me?

Hello,

basically, these are the two MIBs you need:

1. **CISCO-ENVMON-MIB**: This MIB (Management Information Base) contains temperature-related OIDs for Cisco devices. Look for OIDs under the `ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusDescr` and `ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusValue` objects. The OID structure typically follows this format:
- `1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3`: This is the base OID for temperature sensors.
- `1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.X`: Replace `X` with the index of the temperature sensor. Each sensor may have a unique index.

2. **ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB**: This MIB defines OIDs for monitoring various sensors, including temperature sensors, on networking devices. Look for OIDs under the `entSensorValue` object. The OID structure typically follows this format:
- `1.3.6.1.2.1.99.1.1.1.4.X`: Replace `X` with the index of the temperature sensor.

halo, thanks sir

After I get the OID, can the OID be used directly to add a new graph template or is there something else I need to do?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card