Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Server only discovers one switch out of 6 network devices

trane.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to get my SNMP server to discover all devices on my network with SNMPv3. This is my network:

tranem_0-1670833451164.png

The 'Win19SNMP' windows server runs as the SNMP server. When i do discovery from the server i run all the necessary IP ranges to discover all devices.

tranem_1-1670833655623.png

For some reason, only Core1 is discovered. I've run wireshark on the link between Core1 and R1 and i can verify there are SNMP packets sent to R1.

Skærmbillede 2022-12-12 094047.png

All devices are configured with the same SNMP lines, same user, same group, same authentication, same security model, everything is same for all devices, except for chassis-id. Here is a picture of what the SNMP server is configured to look for:

Skærmbillede 2022-12-12 093156.png

Here are the lines the devices are configured with, only chassis-id being different:

snmp-server group Companygroup v3 priv
snmp-server user Companyuser Companygroup v3 auth sha mttsnmpauth priv aes 128 mttsnmppriv
snmp-server location SRVROOM
snmp-server chassis-id XXX

Output of show snmp user and show snmp group on Core1:

Skærmbillede 2022-12-12 093327.png

Same output on SRVACC1:

Skærmbillede 2022-12-12 093420.png

For some reason, the SNMP server can only find Core1. Access1 and Access2 run layer 2. In the wireshark picture, i can see there are packets with the info text: "encryptedPDU: Privkey unknown" but i don't know what that means and whether or not that's part of the problem. My initial thought was that since the (SNMP) configuration are identical there must be something wrong with the network and the configuration of the connections. But then i can verify SNMP packets from Core1 to R1, which leaves me totally blank.

I hope someone can help me.

0 Replies 0